We sat down with Steve to talk about MONOGRAM and his love of cannabis
On January 15, 2021, Subversive Capital Acquisition Corp. closed the largest cannabis SPAC in history on and in turn, launched The Parent Company with Shawn “JAY-Z” Carter, Roc Nation, Caliva and Left Coast Ventures. The Parent Company is now the largest vertically integrated cannabis company in California and investors included Entertainment Powerhouse: Roc Nation and artists: Rihanna, Meek Mill, Yo Gotti and DJ Khaled.
We sat down with Steve Allan, CEO of The Parent Company right after they launched MONOGRAM in collaboration with Shawn “JAY-Z” Carter to talk about the collaboration and what cannabis means to him.
- 00:52 – What Brought Steve To Cannabis?
- 04:41 – Favorite Way To Consume & Favorite Strain
- 06:02 – Trends In The Californian Marketplace
- 10:06 – What Was It Like Launching MONOGRAM With Jay-Z?
- 14:01 – How Did You Come Up With The Product Names?
- 20:23 – Is The Parent Company Looking To New Markets?
- 27:40 – Hopes For Federal Legalization?
- 32:34 – What’s Next For The Parent Company?
You can find out more about The Parent Company by clicking here. We hope you enjoyed this exclusive interview. Thanks again to Steve for his time and thanks to the entire team at The Parent Company.
Special thanks also goes out to JP Bianchini for the licensed use of his track Upbeat Corporate. You can find out more about JP Bianchini by visiting his website at www.jpbianchini.com
Stay tuned to the next episode on Conversations in Cannabis!