In this episode we sat down with Berner to talk all things Cookies
Welcome to another episode of Conversations in Cannabis where we talk to the biggest names in the cannabis industry.
Today we talk with Gilbert Milam Jr., AKA Berner, who is arguably one of the most influential names in the industry today. We talked with Berner about everything from what it was like working in the heart of San Francisco during the Proposition 215 (medical) era in California. Berner also told us which celebrity he thinks needs to get into cannabis, and gives an open invitation for that celebrity to collaborate! This is one episode you don’t want to miss!
- 00:31 – Where The Name Berner Came From
- 01:30 – What Originally Got Berner Into The Industry
- 03:05 – Hardest Part Of Operating During The Original 215 Era
- 04:11 – What The BCC Got Right, And What They Could Do Better
- 05:21 – How Is Cookies handling the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 07:04 – The Call To Stand Down During Riots At Cookies Melrose
- 09:40 – Steps To Better Accommodate POC Entering Cannabis
- 13:45 – What Berner’s Favorite Strain & Cross That Never Took Hold
- 15:40 – Favorite Memory Since Getting Into Cannabis
- 18:13 – Social Clubs And The Future Of Consumption In California
- 18:57 – Berner Launches Vibes Papers, What The R&D Was Like
- 23:40 – Spain And Future Cannabis Expansions
- 25:24 – Berner Shouts Out The His Favorite Celebrity Not In Cannabis
- 26:50 – What’s Next For Berner
Thanks go out to Berner for taking the time to talk to us. You can find out more about the Cookies brand online at cookies.co, Vibes Papers at www.VibesPapers.com, and Berner’s music at www.BernerMusic.com
Special thanks also goes out to JP Bianchini for the licensed use of his track Upbeat Corporate. You can find out more about JP Bianchini by visiting his website at www.jpbianchini.com
Stay tuned to the next episode on Conversations in Cannabis!