The MMCF panel will address critical topics for practitioners and their patients
Baltimore MD and Newton, MA, Nov. 05, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — MariMed, Inc. (OTCQB: MRMD) proudly announces the Maryland Medical Cannabis Forum (MMCF) to offer Maryland medical professionals the opportunity to enhance their knowledge about medical cannabis treatment. The Maryland Medical Cannabis Forum will take place on Thursday, November 8th, 5:00 pm at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Hotel, 550 Light St., Baltimore. The MMCF, a collaborative effort between MariMed, Tikun Olam, and MedChi of Maryland, was created to provide to the Maryland medical community current and credible information on the state of medical cannabis research and practices–and how it affects the 40,000-and-growing Maryland medical marijuana patients.
“Educating the medical community about cannabis’ clinical applications and supporting research is critical to increasing acceptance of cannabis as valid medical treatment and reducing the stigma associated with it,” stated Robert Fireman, CEO of MariMed. “We are proud to sponsor this event with several of the industry’s top medical cannabis practitioners, researchers and experts.”
The MMCF panel will address critical topics for practitioners and their patients including clinical applications, current medical research, efficacy, observational vs clinical data, developing protocol and dosing for cannabinoid treatments with in-depth discussion on:
- Cannabis and reduction in opioid dependency and other prescription medications
- Cancer case studies utilizing cannabis for symptom relief and pain management
- Cannabis treatment for neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s, epilepsy and autism
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Jokūbas Žiburkus, Canntelligence CEO and Cofounder, neuroscientist and expert on the human endocannabinoid system and
- Dr. Dustin Sulak, founder of Healer.com and specialist in cannabis & opioids research
CNBC’s Tim Seymour will host a discussion with the following panelists:
- Joy Strand, Executive Director of the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission
- Sid Taubenfeld, CEO of Tikun Olam Pharma
- Dr. Joel Meshulam, Internal Medicine, Privia Medical Group
- Dr. Jokūbas Žiburkus, Canntelligence
- Dr. Dustin Sulak, Founder of Healer.com
The MMCF is proud to have the support of MedChi (the Maryland State Medical Society), and sponsors including leading cannabis company and brand MariMed, Kind Therapeutics USA and Tikun Olam, and to establish the forum as a detailed resource for Maryland physicians to gather applicable information for their patients. For more information, visit www.medicalcannabisforum.org.
Additional MariMed upcoming events:
- MariMed will be presenting at the Sadis & Goldberg’s 11th Annual Alternative Investment Management Seminar, on Nov. 7, 5 pm – 9 pm, at the New York Athletic Club. The discussion will include the latest trends and opportunities in cannabis investing.
- MariMed will be exhibiting at MJ Biz Con, in booth # 1009, Nov 14-16 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas.
Search MariMed and post on social media with the hash tag #MedicatedByMarimed:
About MariMed Inc.:
MariMed is a multi-state cannabis operator that has developed state-of-the-art regulatory-compliant facilities in DE, IL, NV, MD, MA, and RI, which are models of excellence in horticultural principals, cannabis production, product development, and dispensary operations. In addition, MariMed is on the forefront of precision-dosed branded products for the treatment of specific medical conditions. MariMed currently distributes its branded products in approximately ten states, and is expanding licensing and distribution to additional markets, encompassing thousands of dispensaries. MariMed Inc. is one of the top-performing public cannabis companies in the U.S., according to the U.S. Marijuana Index, (www.marijuanaindex.com). For additional information, visit www.MariMedAdvisors.com
Forward Looking Statements:
This release contains certain forward-looking statements and information relating to MariMed Inc., that is based on the beliefs of MariMed Inc.’s management, as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Company. Such statements reflect the current views of the Company with respect to future events including estimates and projections about its business based on certain assumptions of its management, including those described in this Release. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risk and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, including, among other factors, changes in demand for the Company’s services and products, changes in the law and its enforcement and changes in the economic environment. Additional risk factors are included in the Company’s public filings with the SEC. Should one or more of these underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described herein as “hoped,” “anticipated,” “believed,” “planned, “estimated,” “preparing,” “potential,” “expected” or words of a similar nature. The Company does not intend to update these forward-looking statements. None of the content of any of the websites referred to herein (even if a link is provided for your convenience) is incorporated into this release and the Company assumes no responsibility for any of such content.