The statutory and regulatory suspensions will remain in place
The Pennsylvania Department of Health has instituted a series of temporary actions to assist patients requiring medical marijuana during the coronavirus pandemic. Statutory and regulatory provisions have been temporarily suspended in order to:
- Allow dispensary employees to provide medical marijuana to a cardholder in their vehicle on the facility’s property;
- Remove the current cap that limits the number of patients assigned to one caregiver, to allow for more caregivers to patients in need;
- Eliminate background checks for caregiver applications, limited to renewal applications only, in order to expedite the caregiver renewal process;
- Waive in-person consultations and allow for remote consultations between approved practitioners and medical marijuana cardholders for renewal certifications only;
- Waive limits that allow for medical marijuana to only be dispensed for 30 days by requiring approved practitioners to document if they provide a 90-day supply on the patient’s certification.
To Read The Rest Of This Article On Biz Journals, Click Here